Wednesday, March 4, 2009

At peace (For right now)

There is something about knowing, that there is life after this one. This past week my Grandma past away, and of cores it brought up all those felling I felt the day that Sharyn past away. I felt empty and devastated. On Sunday we went to my Grandmothers funeral and I thought I would be a basket case. And yes I did cry but I surprised my self at how I felt. I felt completely at peace. I can't tell you why or how. All I know is I felt the spirit and it warped around me with a blanket of peace.
When we first arrived at the funeral home (The same one that Sharyn's services were at) I was nerves to see family there. I was not sure how my emotions would hold up. But after walking through the doors I saw my Grandmas casket at the end of the room and I had to see her. I walked past every one and went strait to her casket. Normally I would have mingled with the family and slowly made my way to her. But I felt a huge pull to get my last Chance with my Grandma. And when I approached her casket there she was, just beautiful and I started to cry. Not because I would miss her terribly, but because peace came over me. I felt the spirit in the room so strongly and I knew that family's did go on forever. I know that Sharyn was there with me that day comforting me and holding my Grandma's hand. It is amazing how wonderful it is to have those you love together, in the here after. I know that Grandma will love her and teach her and take good care of her. And Heavenly Father will take care of both of them.
I also fill Sharyn did not die for nothing, and some day I will know the purpose. I fill that the spirit in the room that day confirmed that to me. And some day I will know the reason. I love my Grandmother and will miss her. I fill she is with those she misses and is taking good care of my baby girl. We love you both!!!

4 comments:

April said...

Oh Shelia, that was beautiful. How special for you that she is with your baby girl now. I am so glad you were able to feel at peace and know that they are together and that they were both with you that day. You are amazing. Thank you. I think you will find this blog so helpful a great outlet for good and bad days. Love ya. I'm here for you always. April

April said...

oh you need to check out www.enduringwell.blogspot.com. Tifani is amazing. We email almost daily. Here story is so similar to mine its scary but she has the most amazing way with words. I am blessed to have you all in my life. It is making this process a lot easier.

Amy said...

Shelia,

I can't remember if I commented on your other blog but i wanted to thank you for commenting on ours. Your Sharyn is so beautiful and thank you for sharing your experience at your Grandma's funeral. I'm so sorry for your loss. But I am glad you have felt peace. Your testimony gives me strength. Thank you!

Amy

Hatchpatch said...

Dan and Sheila,
You already know how much I LOVE YOU and your family. I'm so touched by your strength and testimony you have and that you share with us. I also am happy that your finding peace and comfort.(You know I'm crying now too!) You inspire me and make me want to make better choices with myself and for my family. I do look up to you and am so glad to have your friendship and love like a sister!!!
Again, I love you and thank you for doing such a wonderful job telling us about your sweet angel Sharyn!
Love,
Shawna :)