Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Just been feeling down

  • It has been a while since I have posted for many reasons, mostly because I have not known what to say. I guess recently I have really been down, and that is mostly why I have not written. I have really missed our baby the past few weeks and fill maybe she is slipping more and more away from my family. We have done lots of fun things lately, but I am having a hard time finding joy in them, mostly because I don't feel that I am complete. I feel broken And I hate that! I am a fixer and I can't fix this. I also feel like others look up to me and I don't fill adequate. I feel like I come up short. I want to be there for them but I fill like I have nothing to offer. I also am having a hard time keeping up with my every day life. Like all my responsibility's. If you have been to my house recently you would notice it has not been the most organized and is kind of in chaos. And outside responsibilities "for get it!" I have been horrible, with doing my church obligations, like visiting teaching and keeping up with Young Woman's. I really love my callings, but am having a hard time being motivated to do a good job. I always put on a happy face when deep down I am sobbing. I think all of my family is struggling as well. Noah (my 7 year old boy) keeps asking me when will Sharyn live with us again. He has asked me that a few times the last few days, and I have to keep reminding him that she will not live with us in this life again. And we will be with her again in Heaven. And then he will ask me "will the next baby be Sharyn?" And I have to explain that all of us our different and there is only one Sharyn and that She will not get another body on this earth. It is hard to say "I am sorry but your baby sister will not live here with us in this life". I know he understands but I don't think he can except that she is gone. Out of all my kids I thought he cared the least. But I think that he might have not known how to handle it. I try to be there for him and my other kids and hope my explanations help. I just had my birthday on Tuesday and I think that has not helped the situation. To be reminded that you are getting older and there is nothing you can do about it. My life is not were I envisioned it at my age and that is disappointing. I do fill like there are things in my life that are true blessings, first of all my beautiful children and my loving husband. I just think that I was not expecting to have the year start out on such a rocky road. I was naive to think that losing a baby would never happen to me and so I was blind sighted. Also to be so fare along, way out of the danger zone and then losing her was so unexpected, and that also hurts. So lately all I feel I can do is pray to my Heavenly Father and ask him to help me through this time. Also to trust in him, that He knows what is best and that he will take care of my family.

2 comments:

April said...

Oh Shelia, I am so sorry for the hard times right now, I have to say it really does suck. That was the sweetest photo video for Sharyn, oh she was so precious and perfect. I think really it hit me the hardest as well was around 4 months, you realize they are gone, others move on and you aren't ready to. I hope you can find some comfort and peace soon. Love you and thinking of you. I hope you are feeling ok, and Happy Birthday. Love, April

Rylie said...

I am sorry Shelia. My friends daughter always asks me where my baby is, and why she isn't here. It hurts but its nice that she remembers. I have been really down lately too. Know that you are in my thoughts! Happy Birthday!! Love to you! Rylie